- This event has passed.
Wells Shares: Embodied Pathways
January 28, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm$50.00
Pathways to NetZero Buildings
Join concrete experts for a two-day event that will explore the concept and achievement of net zero construction. Over the course of several sessions with industry and research leaders, we will work to define the concept of net zero from an embodied and energy standpoint to present different strategies to achieve net zero buildings. Participants can earn up to 4 continuing education credits when they join for all sessions. Topics will include context and definitions, design, material innovations, specifications, construction, building science, and more.
Day 1: Embodied Pathways, 11-1pm EST
- Context and Definitions with Jeremy Gregory Executive Director, Concrete Sustainability Hub, Research Scientist, MIT
- Material Innovations with Lionel Lemay, Executive Vice President of Structures and Sustainability, NRMCA
- Specifications with Colin Lobo, Executive Vice President/Division Head, Engineering, NRMCA
- Design with Mike Gryniuk & Frances Yang; Gryniuk: Associate and Project Manager, LeMessurier; Yang: Associate and Sustainability Consultant, Arup
- Construction with Jennifer Mitchell, Senior Manager for Design + Building, LinkedIn
- Q&A moderated by, Jeremy Gregory, Executive Director, Concrete Sustainability Hub, Research Scientist, MIT Civil and Environmental Engineering
Registration fee is $50.00.