|The Accounts Payable Supervisor reports to the Treasury Manager and CFO and is responsible for the overall vendor management, timely paying of vendor invoices, and review of check requests/bills. The Accounts Payable Supervisor is also responsible for transaction level entries and ensuring invoices are coded correctly for each of Wells Concrete’s regions (Mountain States, Midwest, Great Lakes).|
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of the following:
- Review invoices as well as payment requests
- Oversee Accounts Payable invoice processing – entry and approval
- Sort, organize and match invoices and payment demands
- Set invoices up for payment, maintain weekly aging report
- Oversee and process company accounts payable checks, ACH payments and wire payment of invoices
- Reconciliation of vendor accounts for accuracy
- Monitor company accounts to ensure payments to be up to date
- Participate in quarterly continuous improvement meetings with A/P staff
- Vendor maintenance and setup
- Correspond along with vendors and react to inquiries
- Produce month-to-month reports
- Assist in 30 days end closing
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong understanding of accounts payable
- Knowledge of common accounting procedures
- Understanding of relevant computer programs proficient in data admittance and management
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizing as well as prioritizing ability
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Microsoft Excel experience a must
- Detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Proactive and independent
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Microsoft Office applications a plus
- Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) experience a plus
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become Best in Class.
- Associate degree in Accounting or related degree preferred
- 2 years of private industry or public accounting experience preferred
- Low risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Low risk of safety precautions.
- General Office Environment with a moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.