The Accounts Receivable Supervisor reports to the Treasury Manager and CFO, and is responsible for the overall customer management, timely billing of customer pay applications, and review of cash collections. The Accounts Receivable Supervisor is also responsible for transaction level entries and ensuring billings are coded correctly for each of Wells Concrete’s business units and across all regions (Great lakes, Midwest, Mountain States).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversight of the following:
- Oversee monthly customer billings
- Working with Sales and Project management departments on retention collection efforts
- Ownership of department metrics – days of sales outstanding (DSO), total retention balance, and weekly cash collection
- Review monthly billing invoices compared to Revenue Forecast – reconciling any differences
- Maintain customer file maintenance
- Oversee progress billings collections
- Oversee job close out documents – to ensure all documents are processed to the customer
- Reconcile job contracts for correct invoiced amounts and funds collected
- Oversee staff for invoicing and cash collections
- Correspond with customers and react to inquiries
- Produce month-to-month reports
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Strong understanding of accounts receivable and collections
- Knowledge of common accounting procedures
- Understanding of relevant computer programs proficient in data admittance and management
- Strong analytical skills
- Organizing as well as prioritizing ability
- Excellent written, verbal, and communication skills
- Microsoft Excel experience a must
- Detail oriented and organized in work
- Ability to meet assigned deadlines
- Ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with all levels of employees, management, and external agencies to maximize performance, creativity, problem solving, and results.
- Proactive and independent
- Flexible and enthusiastic
- Excel and other Microsoft Office applications a plus
- Microsoft Dynamics (Navision) experience a plus
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become Best in Class.
- Associate degree in Accounting or related degree preferred
- 2 years of private industry or public accounting experience preferred
- Low risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Low risk of safety precautions.
- General Office Environment with a moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.