The Batch Plant Operator can operate all batching equipment at the Wells, MN production facility.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Production and Quality Control departments to ensure accurate batching and record keeping.
- Operates forklift, trucks, front end loader, crane-ways as well as batching equipment to mix concrete.
- Work with Maintenance department in doing daily, weekly, monthly, and yearly preventative maintenance.
- Order’s materials needed for the Batch Plant.
- Work with outside vendors in scheduling delivery of aggregates, dyes, and admixtures.
- Be accountable for recording and carrying out accurately all safety procedures and policies.
- Ability to continuously improve the batching process.
- Be able to take the initiative to continuously push the batch plant to produce the highest level possible and troubleshoot when issues arise.
- Batch concrete when needed for each job.
- Ability to use math to calculate mix designs, aggregate totals, and other possible calculations needed.
- Cleans mixer area daily.
- Cleans and inspects strand vices.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- General math skills and ability to read a tape measure.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to lift 50-75 lbs.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Knowledge of products the company uses, and which products would work best.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become best in Class.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.