CAD Technician I will assist on project logistics and production tickets as necessary to ensure project deadlines are met.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Enters Data for Concrete Vision (ERP System) as directed
- Revises drawings as necessary
- Creates individual pour sheets for Production to produce each piece needed
- Orders steel, insulation, and other material according to what is needed for each project
- Completes special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned
CAD Technician I will directly report to the Drafting Manager of their respective location. Assignments will be issued by the Site Drafting Manager and the Scheduling Drafting Manager.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Interpersonal communication skills to work in a team setting, as well as in 1-on-1 environment
- Ability to solve problems quickly and efficiently
- General math skills and ability to read blue prints and plans
- Basic understanding of general construction practices
- Ability to meet deadlines and follow project schedules
- 2 weeks on-site Wells Concrete training
- Motivation and self-drive required to complete a task
- Ability to use AutoCAD, Revit, Microsoft Office and other computer software programs
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multi-task and able to work on more than one project at once
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2-4 year drafting degree preferred
- Predominant working conditions are a general office environment with an occasional exposure to production environment
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.