Wells Concrete is hiring caulkers. The caulker is responsible for the installation of sealants/caulking systems on precast buildings and ramps. This position will travel throughout Minnesota to construction sites caulking buildings. Wells Concrete offers great compensation and Per Diem is paid while traveling.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Safety of crew/personnel
- Proper use of Personal Protection Equipment (PPE)
- Ability to work from ladders, scaffolding, swing stages and man lifts at various heights safely
- Bring problems to the attention of the Caulking Foreman
- Ability to work independently and complete daily activities according to schedule with minimal supervision
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools
- Perform a variety of tasks on construction sites
- Follow direction from the Caulking Foreman
- Maintain a clean jobsite and trailer/truck
- Ability and willingness t travel around MN
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Understand safety requirements to maintain a safe job site
- Must carry in a professional manner at all times
- Construction site knowledge
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Ability to lift up to 100 lbs
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become Best-in-Class.
- Quality Minded
- Ability to stand and walk for up to 12 hours per day
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- 2 Years Prior experience in sealants application
- Precast Concrete Experience
- Valid Driver’s License
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.