A CNC (Computer Numerical Control) machine operator performs activities that involve using a CNC machine to cut and shape pieces of wood, foam and plastic to create the pieces needed to pour concrete panels.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Preparing and operating a CNC machine to perform tasks such as drilling, grinding, milling, cutting etc.
- Understanding specifications of the task at hand and the desired result by reading CAD and Revit drawings.
- Reads and understands pour sheets.
- Translates instructions into computer commands so the machines can perform the correct function.
- Prepare and load raw materials and parts onto the machines
- Prepare a test run to check if the machines produce outputs according to specifications
- Set machines to complete full cycles to fabricate large number of parts
- Supervise the machines while they execute the tasks and make any necessary adjustments to produce a better result
- Inspect and measure finished products and compare them with requirements to determine if the process has been completed properly
- Check and maintain machinery daily to ensure functionality
- Knowledge in safe operation of a CNC machine, table saw, band saw, miter saw, pneumatic nail gun, etc.
- Cuts and assembles wood components to build forming and bulkheads.
- Creates any special blanks or notches required for a project.
- Performs duties indoors and outdoors.
- Operates forklifts to move materials from storage areas to work areas for fabrication.
- Acts in professional manner that demonstrates the individual has good character and can be trusted by all employees.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
- Accountable to practice BSP program and housekeeping in their assigned area.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Knowledge of CNC machine operation or willingness to learn.
- Understand safety requirements to maintain a safe jobsite.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Forklift experience.
- Must be able to lift 50 – 75 lbs.
- General math skills and ability to read a tape measure.
- Ability to work with others to get the projects completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Knowledge of safety procedures that need to be followed.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become best in Class.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Technical training or work experience in carpentry preferred.
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor.
Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.