The Payroll and HR Analyst is responsible for (1) supporting the accurate and timely processing of the company’s weekly payroll and (2) utilizing a newly implemented HR information system to automate, streamline and improve HR processes throughout the employee lifecycle (recruiting through retirement)
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide backup processing of weekly payroll and submission of vendor files.
- Review and approve employee change submissions for address, direct deposit, withholding etc.
- Review and approve time submitted for union field crews.
- Certified payroll, and prevailing wage reporting.
- Employment verifications.
- Monthly Union Reports.
- Union Audits.
- Compile reports as needed.
- Complete special projects as requested, and performs other duties as assigned.
HR INFORMATION SYSTEMS
- Utilize system training modules to become fully knowledgeable in all aspects of the system’s functions and capabilities.
- Leverage the knowledge to automate, streamline and improve HR processes relating to the entire employee lifecycle, for example:
- Recruiting – including interfacing with various social media outlets and recruiting websites, automating required DOL applicant reporting, and automating the transfer of key applicant date to new hire data in cases where the candidate is hire.
- Employee communication and engagement – Utilize system capabilities to showcase and communicate various company initiatives. Also develop and communicate system utilization relative to employee self-service functionality.
- Manager/Supervisor support – System support of reviews, pay actions, employee status changes, training and development, employee certifications, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Strong understanding of payroll procedures.
- Knowledge and understanding of unions, payroll taxes, and taxation of wages and benefits deductions.
- Experience with payroll systems.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to maintains sensitive employee information in a confidential manner.
- Excellent computer skills; i.e. Excel, Outlook, Word.
- Certified payroll, prevailing wage and multi-state payroll processing are preferred.
- Detail oriented and organized in work.
- Ability to meet deadlines is critical.
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
- Current working knowledge of state and federal tax regulations.
- Kronos/UKG experience is preferred; experience in HR systems and applications that demonstrate success in the above-mentioned examples is required.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles.
- Strong customer service skills.
- Organizing as well as prioritizing ability.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Associates Degree in Accounting, Business, or related field is preferred
- Minimum of 3 years payroll processing experience
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- Low to moderate risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Low to moderate exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.