Install, maintain, and repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures. Ensure that work is in accordance with relevant codes. May install or service streetlights, intercom systems, or electrical control systems.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assemble, install, test, and maintain electrical or electronic wiring, equipment, appliances, apparatus, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Maintain current electrician’s license or identification card to meet governmental regulations.
- Review Electrical mark up plans, Perform box counts, and coordinate with electrical manager on projects.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Direct and train workers to install, maintain, or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as power construction equipment, measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Repair or replace wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using hand tools and power tools.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Place conduit (pipes or tubing) inside designated partitions, walls, or other concealed areas, and pull insulated wires or cables through the conduit to complete circuits between boxes.
- Construct and fabricate parts, using hand tools and specifications.
- Fasten small metal or plastic boxes to walls to house electrical switches or outlets.
- Perform physically demanding tasks, such as digging trenches to lay conduit and moving and lifting heavy objects.
- Provide preliminary sketches and cost estimates for materials and services.
**CONTINGENT ON PASSING A DRUG SCREEN**
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Know and understand safety procedures.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Knowledge in mechanical, electrical, plumbing, air and hydraulic systems.
- JW level or above
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.