Reporting to Midwest Division Chief Estimator, assists Sales in pricing projects. Work with all necessary departments to get input for pricing for standard and non-standard products and applications. After the sale, work with all departments to insure a satisfactory flow of information to get the project through our system.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Introduce, coordinate, and solicit information, on new prospects to the engineering, production, field services, sealants departments and assist with preliminary layout of the project.
- Have good knowledge of the differences in vendors and what each of them can provide.
- Solicit information and pricing from various vendors to complete an estimate.
- Provides preliminary take off and budget for project cost studies and product promotion. Provide hard pricing, including quantity takeoffs, for projects in the hard bid market.
- Develops final bid estimates and proposals including drawings and sketches and preliminary engineering based on product use, availability, and past project use.
- Have the ability and insight to provide “value engineering” of products, layout, and finishes for an estimate.
- Knowledge of all our products is a requirement to provide the best “total solution” for our clients and Wells.
- Performs other related tasks necessary for each individual project.
- Be able to develop solutions and submit RFI’s to appropriate parties.
- Must be proficient in reading construction documents.
- Review and interpret bid documents, including drawings and specifications, as required to facilitate preparation of a detailed labor and material estimate and proposal of scope of work.
- Reporting and documenting of all correspondence related to each project estimate.
- Review of final pricing and proposal with Chief Estimator and Sales.
- Attend project kick-off/turnover meetings after award of a project. Offer assistance to other department personnel assigned to the project in order to transfer understanding of the scope of our work. Cooperation is necessary from all internal departments to assure a successful project.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Relevant experience required but, not necessary.
- Communicate well with others.
- Must be able to know and understand how the customer responds to projects and bids.
- Have some knowledge on the process of precast building from start to finish; which determines the right way to make up bids for each proposal.
- Ability to organize and establish priorities. Time management is critical.
- Have the ability to use technology and learn how to use the required computer software.
- Have the ability to read and conceptualize information from early schematic design and design development drawings.
- Proficiency in BluBeam software.
- Proficiency in 3D or 2D sketching, and excel spreadsheets.
- Must be able to actively listen and participate in meeting along with listening to customer’s needs and wants.
- Must be able to follow direction and respond effectively to customers.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills to maintain relationships with customers.
- Must be a self-starter and self-motivated.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must have the ability to perform under pressure when required to meet deadlines.
- Must have the ability to use good judgement and make sound decisions.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High school Diploma or GED
- 2- or 4-year College degree; construction management or equivalent preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- General Office Environment with a low to moderate exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.