The Estimator is responsible for the overall pricing building sealants and associated work within the sealants division. This person is responsible for project leads, business development, budgeting, estimates in and outside of Wells Concrete and reports directly to the Vice President of the Division.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow/Abide by all company policies.
- Read & interpret plans and specifications & communicate the work plan to the crew
- Utilize tools for project leads such as builders’ exchanges, construct connect, etc.
- Perform takeoffs for projects in sealants, waterproofing and fire stopping.
- Develop tracking mechanisms for project cost estimates to use for historical costs.
- Analysis of job costs and resources on projects
- Estimate necessary construction equipment & materials to complete the project
- Job setup process internally with accounting
- Establish scope of work and sequence for each job
- Work will all Wells sales departments for estimates/project leads
- Build relationships with architects, contractors and materials suppliers.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Experience with Microsoft Office
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Large and complex project experience preferred
- Must carry in a professional manner at all times
- Must be able to lead a team with respect and dignity.
- Ability to work with others to get tasks completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Knowledge of means/methods used in sealants and waterproofing.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become Best-in-Class.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to jobsite environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.