The Field Engineer is responsible for the documentation of the installation of precast or prestressed concrete buildings. This person is responsible for the quality assurance of the overall build and progress of the project and reports directly to the Field Superintendent.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor the installation process on the job site.
- Support the erection and grouting teams, on the project to complete tasks.
- Troubleshoot non-conforming connections with professional engineering team.
- Ensure product is properly aligned vertical & horizontal with survey equipment.
- Read & interpret blue prints, document welded and grouted connections for conformance to blueprints.
- Upload weekly report of current project progress made & problems encountered.
- Coordinate stability of project while always looking ahead to maximize project schedule.
- Support PCI and Internal Field Quality Audits.
- Strictly follow the Stability Plan and job specific plan on every project.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
- Assist with surveying and layout on jobsites
- Be able to use power tools.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Experience with Microsoft Office and Blue Beam
- Knowledge of survey equipment (Automatic level & Transit)
- Understand safety requirements to maintain a safe job site
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- Must be able to travel to various job sites throughout Colorado
- Must be able to work with a team with respect and dignity.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
- Knowledge of products the company uses and which products would work best.
- Understand and accepts changes that are implemented to become Best in Class.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Construction Management preferred
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to jobsite environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.