As the Market Development Manager working from your home, you will be responsible for developing and implementing programs and participating in market events to support sales growth in targeted market segments. Qualifying, education and managing multiple leads and opportunities through the sales process serving a vital role in development of the product and sales pipeline and collecting useful feedback on Wells’ products, programs, and services. You will engage additional internal resources at the appropriate time, ultimately leading to Wells achievement of market goals. You will report directly to the Senior Vice President | Chief Strategy Officer. This position works closely with our product managers, new product development and marketing teams. If you are entrepreneurial, passionate, inquisitive, and driven to succeed; then this position is for you.
LOCATION: Chicago Area
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Identifies market opportunities by highlighting Wells’ capabilities and expertise to Owners, Architects, Engineers, General Contractors, Construction Managers and other decision makers in the build community
- Develops and executes education programs and presentations to increase awareness and understanding of the benefits of Wells’ market solutions
- Creating and validating value proposition – internally and externally for all Wells product lines
- Nurture relationships with key stakeholders that enable Wells to be a preferred partner engaged early in construction projects, so that we may help shape, influence, and deliver an optimal solution for customers’ needs
- Nurture and qualify sales opportunities until additional pursuit resources are required
- Uncover market opportunities to procure work through client relationships to achieve market goals
- Develop detailed understanding of Wells value proposition and differentiators to effectively communicate the values and benefits to existing and potential partners
- Exercise a high level of confidentiality when dealing with staff, projects and proprietary information.
- Assists in establishing strategic plans and competitive analyses. Assists in market research efforts to understand competitors’ strengths and weaknesses and how-to better position Wells as a supplier of choice.
- Participate in industry and trade events
- Maintain client information through relevant metric-based tools and CRM that allows all teammates and leadership to access relevant information for effective decision making and resource allocation
- Work closely with internal departments to understand on-going marketing and product development initiatives to effectively guide business development activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as effective listening.
- Ability to build strong, trust-based relationships
- Expertise in the prefabrication, construction and build community
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Able to exercise appropriate discretion when handling confidential and/or sensitive information.
- Must be able to actively listen and participate in meetings along with listening to customer’s needs and wants.
- Regional and some national travel is expected – 40%
- Demonstrable ability to persuade and influence others
- Proficiency in building enclosure systems.
- Ability to organize and establish priorities
- Experience working for an innovative company where the focus is on value selling, not price
- Excellent presentation skills before both small and large groups of people
- Entrepreneurial, driven, and eager to win attitude is key to succeed.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Construction Management or equivalent preferred.
- 4-6 years of experience in prefabrication construction product market, build community and/or design markets.
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- General Office Environment with a moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.