The Quality Control Inspector I is a non-exempt inspector position. The Quality Control Inspector I is responsible for confirming dimensional conformance, proper reinforcement placement, wet and hardened concrete properties, and aesthetic quality of all precast/prestressed product produced, in accordance with applicable project specifications and industry standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pre-pour inspection of molds/forms and reinforcement.
- Post-pour inspection of cast product.
- Assist in wet and hardened concrete testing per ACI and PCI standards, as needed.
- Program, setup, and monitor curing system, as needed.
- Compliance with safety policy and procedures.
- Maintains complete Quality Control documentation for inspections and testing performed.
- Documents non-conformances on product and follows up on necessary repairs to ensure product is acceptable prior to shipment.
- Obtain the required ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 and applicable PCI Quality Control Technician certifications.
- Acts in professional manner that demonstrates the individual has good character and can be trusted by all employees.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
***POSTION CONTINGENT ON PASSING PHYSICAL/DRUG SCREEN***
***STARING PAY $18 WITH THE CHANCE OF BEING MORE WITH EXPERIENCE***
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated experience in print reading and inspection of complex mold/form setups for geometry and reinforcing steel placement.
- Reading comprehension for specifications and ASTM and PCI requirements.
- Ability to assist in the manufacture of concrete products while maintaining objectivity in determining product acceptability.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Experience with Microsoft office.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- General math skills and ability to accurately read a tape measure.
- Knowledge of applicable safety procedures
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.