The Quality Control Inspector II serves as a Field Engineer for approximately half the time (see Field Engineer Job Description). This individual is responsible for development, oversight, and documentation of the production process to ensure conformance with the division Quality System, customer requirements, project drawings and specifications, and industry standards.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Interpretation of piece tickets and project drawings to confirm production and erection corresponds to design. Exercises discretion and judgement in the determination of non-conformity of tickets, and partners with D & E to resolve non-conformances.
- Development and implementation of the Quality System processes to ensure proper build of product.
- Collaboration with Production crews and Supervision to ensure the highest quality standards possible are met while still maximizing efficiency and maintaining a safe work environment.
- Compliance with safety policy and procedures.
- Maintains complete Quality Control documentation for inspections and testing performed.
- Documents non-conformances on product, develops root cause analyses to help ensure non-conformances are eliminated in the future, and follows up on necessary repairs to ensure product is acceptable prior to shipment.
- Obtain the required ACI Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade 1 and applicable PCI Quality Control Technician certifications.
- Acts in professional manner that demonstrates the individual has good character and can be trusted by all employees.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- Demonstrated experience in print reading and inspection of complex mold/form setups for geometry and reinforcing steel placement.
- Reading comprehension for specifications and ASTM and PCI requirements.
- Ability to assist in the manufacture of concrete products while maintaining objectivity in determining product acceptability.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Experience with Microsoft office.
- Must be able to solve problems quickly and efficiently.
- General math skills including basic geometry and algebra to accurately read a tape measure.
- Knowledge of applicable safety procedures
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Civil Engineering, or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of precast experience or related construction experience
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
- Moderate to high exposure to production environment.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.