Safely operate ready mix truck and deliver concrete to the forms in the Production Plant.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Have or have the ability to obtain a Class B Commercial Driver License with air brake endorsement.
- Pass an ICC Physical and be medically qualified to operate a Commercial Vehicle.
- Do light maintenance on ready mix truck.
- Have a good driving record that satisfies the requirements of the company motor vehicle license policy.
- Learn the computer batching system at Wells Concrete.
- Keep and deliver the records of batching to Quality Control.
- Keep the ready mix truck clean (periodically washing the truck with mild acid/detergent) and in good mechanical shape (including cleaning and maintenance inside the mixing drum).
- Be mechanically inclined and be able to do light service worm on ready mix truck.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Have a current Class B CDL license with air brake endorsement, and DOT Health Card.
- Pass a DOT Drug Test and be subject to Random Selection testing as per the DOT regulations.
- Be able to learn and operate a computerized batching system.
- Learn the skills needed for efficient and safe operation of the ready-mix truck.
- Be able to lift 75 lbs.
- Standing, walking constantly, climbing, kneeling, balancing, stooping, and crawling occasionally.
- High school diploma or GED
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.