This position reports to the Human Resource Representative. As the Receptionist/Office Assistant, responsibilities include acting as the primary person in the Company’s phone queue, supporting the Sales and Marketing department and supporting the Wells HR and Safety departments.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assume the first position in the Company’s phone queue. This means having primary responsibility to answer incoming calls and dispatching them appropriately. Time away from the phone queue will be limited to break periods, lunch periods, and the intermittent assistance to other departments.
- Under direct supervision, occasionally assist the Sales and Marketing department in gathering information and data in support of Wells’ bid submissions, RFP responses and prequalification inquiries. May be asked to provide data to external parties such as general contractors, architects and/or subcontractors.
- Serve as point of contact for deliveries, walk-ins and employees.
- Setting up new hire packets and filing paperwork in personnel files.
- Maintain the Break Room including ordering food for meetings, stocking fridge, organize and keep tidy.
- Maintain supply room including ordering supplies, organize and keep tidy.
- Obtain, open, and distribute mail to appropriate departments and employees.
- Applicants: provide application forms for walk-ins and/or mailing.
- New-Hires: prepare files/folders for regular documentation, medical/insurance data. File I-9’s.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a heavy phone answering and call dispatching environment is required (example, large office receptionist, call center, service center, etc.), where a multi-line phone system was utilized.
- Proper phone etiquette including the ability to radiate a customer focused demeanor during periods of high activity and multiple simultaneous demands.
- Experience in electronic and physical filing relating to documents, certificates and forms.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel including basic spreadsheet manipulation such as adding two cells together, computing percentages and capturing time-series data.
- Experience with Microsoft Word including letter formatting, utilizing tables and “cutting” and “pasting” into a document.
- Ability to clearly communicate to job applicants and other outside parties the company’s products and services.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Facility with math and English commensurate with a High school diploma or GED is required.
- Associates degree in office management or similar area of study is preferred.
WORKING CONDITIONS/PAY SCALE
- Normal office conditions
- Moderate exposure to unusual elements
- Low to moderate safety risk precautions
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.