The Sales Representative I’s primary responsibility is learning Wells sales and marketing processes and techniques that will lay the skills foundation for developing profitable projects This includes prospecting, relationship building, organizational involvement, tradeshow participation, presentations to key clients on precast solutions, assisting estimating and project coordination.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Learns processes and approaches to effectively
- Monitor upcoming projects that could be beneficial for organization.
- Track leads for projects obtained by contacts.
- Introduce new jobs to the estimating and engineering departments and assist with preliminary layout of the project.
- Assist estimating in developing budget for project cost studies and product promotion.
- Prepare quality reports and logs to keep track of the project that is being bid on.
- Develop and maintain sales material and current product knowledge.
- Maintain a steady relationship with owner, General Contractor, Architect, or Engineer as the project moves through the stages of completion.
- Attend meetings and other functions outside of work to increase and maintain contact base with new products and customer relations.
- Work closely with Marketing/BD personnel for efficient and effective use of time and resources. The Client needs shall always be top priority.
- Be able to develop solutions and submit RFI’s to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for sample introduction, approval, and delivery of samples to client.
- Responsible for mockup introduction, approval, and delivery of mockup to jobsite.
- Assists internal departments with information flow on their projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients that foster sustainable revenue streams through consultative approach to precast building systems.
- Develop relationships with architects, contractors, and engineers that allow Wells earlier involvement in the design phase providing a competitive advantage.
- Take lead in marketing precast products and Wells at tradeshows, in presentations to architects, engineers, contractors and end users directly, along with targeted organizational involvement.
- Maintain opportunity and project pursuit database that effectively communicates work in progress to avoid overwork or doubling up on efforts.
- Maintain client information through relevant tools (and eventual CRM) that allows all teammates and leadership to access relevant information for effective decision making and resource allocation.
- Help maintain Wells’ brand through effective use of available materials, coordinating with marketing on appropriate uses of materials and key messages in the sales cycle.
- Coordinate key project information with marketing for case studies to continue to effectively drive higher level involvement.
- Coordination/introduction of key client contact(s) and marketing for client review process.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Experience in different aspects of the precast industry (such as drafting, production, QC, etc.) would be considered as an alternative to the education requirements stated below.
- Must have interpersonal communication skills to interact with customers, co-workers, supervisors, and managers.
- Demonstrate general understanding of use in Sketch-up, Revit, Auto-CAD or other modeling software
- Proficient with Microsoft Office other computer programs.
- Must be able to actively listen and participate in meetings along with listening to customer’s needs and wants.
- Must be able to follow direction and respond effectively to customers.
- Public speaking and presentation skills necessary to convey subject matter expertise to the audience
- Demonstrate a general understanding and knowledge in reading drawings and bid documents.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self-driven to complete a task.
- Must be able to learn how the customer responds to projects and bids in order to develop and maintain strong relationships with customers.
- 4-year construction related degree is preferred, 2-year non-related degree may be considered depending on the precast industry training and experience received in prior work assignments.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.