The Sales Representative II is responsible for developing profitable projects and be accountable for select client management for Wells. This includes prospecting, relationship building, organizational involvement, tradeshow participation, presentations to key clients on precast solutions, estimating and project coordination.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Under limited direction and supervision
- Monitors upcoming projects that could be beneficial for organization.
- Tracks leads for projects obtained by contacts.
- Introduce new jobs into the engineering department and assist with preliminary layout of the project.
- Provides preliminary budget for project cost studies and product promotion.
- Maintain and update project pipeline so that it is always current
- Must submit required reports to VP of Sales Mountain States
- Follows up with customers to determine if the process is being completed thoroughly and as planned.
- Develops and maintains sale material and current product knowledge.
- Develops final bid proposals including drawings and sketches and preliminary engineering based on product use, availability and past project use.
- Maintain a steady relationship with owner, General Contractor, Architect, or Engineer as the project moves through the stages of completion.
- Attends meetings and other functions outside of work to increase and maintain contact base with new products and customer relations.
- Performs other related tasks necessary for each individual project.
- Work closely with Marketing/BD personnel for efficient and effective use of time and resources. The Client’s needs shall always be top priority.
- Regularly holds face to face visits or meetings with assigned clients.
- Be able to develop solutions and submit RFI’s to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for sample approval and delivery of samples to the client.
- Assists internal departments with information flow on their projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients that foster sustainable revenue streams through consultative approach to precast building systems.
- Develop relationships with owners, architects, contractors, and engineers that allow Wells earlier involvement in the design phase providing a competitive advantage.
- Uncover market opportunities to estimate and bid work through contractor avenues for a personal sales goal of $17 million in revenue annually.
- Coordinate with sales manager or senior estimator for estimate review.
- Negotiate contracts, prepare product design concepts and oversee shop drawings in a manner that effectively serves our client’s needs while maintaining a reasonable profit margin for Wells.
- Assist in marketing precast products and Wells at tradeshows, in presentations to architects, engineers, contractors and end users directly, along with targeted organizational involvement.
- Maintain client information through relevant tools (and eventual CRM) that allows all teammates and leadership to access relevant information for effective decision making and resource allocation.
- Help maintain Wells’ brand through effective use of available materials, coordinating with marketing on appropriate uses of materials and key messages in the sales cycle.
- Act as liaison between client and Wells, handing the project off as necessary given the project structure while ensuring project needs are being met and the client’s experience is satisfactory.
- Coordinate key project information with marketing for case studies to continue to effectively drive higher level involvement.
- Coordination/introduction of key client contact(s) and marketing for client review process.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Proficiency in complex building types: (one of the following to be selected for evaluation)
- -total precast buildings
- -multi level buildings
- -parking ramps
- -food grade/dryers
- 3 -5 years successful precast sales experience
- show involvement and achievements in industry associations i.e: participating on a board or committee.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office other computer programs.
- Must be able to actively listen and participate in meetings along with listening to customer’s needs and wants.
- Must be able to follow direction and respond effectively to customers.
- Maintain a strong relationship with current customers for future work and public advertising in that industry.
- Ability to persuade and influence others to sell the product.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
- Knows and Understands how the customer responds to projects and bids in order to maintain strong relationships with customers.
- Knowledge on the process of precast buildings from start to finish to determine the right way to develop bids for proposals.
- Ability to organize and establish priorities to determine what job is most important to complete.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Construction Management preferred.
- As a substitute for the Bachelor’s Degree, 3 – 5 years of experience in Precast sales.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.