The Sales Representative III is responsible for developing profitable projects and be accountable for select client management for Wells. This includes prospecting, relationship building, organizational involvement, tradeshow participation, presentations to key clients on precast solutions, and assisting project coordination.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Learns processes and approaches to effectively
- Monitors upcoming projects that could be beneficial for organization.
- Tracks leads for projects obtained by contacts.
- Introduce new jobs to the estimating and engineering departments and assist with preliminary layout of the project.
- Provides preliminary budget for project cost studies and product promotion.
- Prepares quality reports and logs to keep track of the project that is being bid on.
- Must submit required reports to VP of Sales and Regional Sales Manager.
- Follows up with customers to determine if the process is being completed thoroughly and as planned.
- Develops and maintains sales material and current product knowledge.
- Works closely with Estimating to develop final bid estimates and proposals including drawings and sketches and preliminary engineering based on product use, availability, and past project use.
- Maintain a steady relationship with owner, General Contractor, Architect, or Engineer as the project moves through the stages of completion.
- Needs to be highly motivated to attend meetings and other client functions outside of work to increase and maintain contact base with new products and customer relations.
- Performs other related tasks necessary for each individual project.
- Work closely with Marketing/BD personnel for efficient and effective use of time and resources. The Clients needs shall always be top priority.
- Regularly holds face to face visits or meetings with assigned clients.
- Be able to develop solutions and submit RFI’s to appropriate parties.
- Responsible for sample introduction, approval, and delivery of samples to client.
- Responsible for mockup introduction, approval, and delivery of mockups to the jobsite.
- Assists internal departments with information flow on their projects.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key clients that foster sustainable revenue streams through consultative approach to precast building systems.
- Develop relationships with architects, contractors, and engineers that allow Wells earlier involvement in the design phase providing a competitive advantage.
- Uncover market opportunities to estimate and bid work through contractor avenues for a personal sales goal of $10 million in revenue annually.
- Work closely with estimating for value-add solutions, and production concerns. Participate with sales manager or senior estimator for estimate review.
- Review contracts, prepare product design concepts and oversee shop drawings in a manner that effectively serves our client’s needs while maintaining a reasonable profit margin for Wells.
- Take lead in marketing precast products and Wells at tradeshows, in presentations to architects, engineers, contractors and end users directly, along with targeted organizational involvement.
- Maintain opportunity and project pursuit database that effectively communicates work in progress to avoid overwork or doubling up on efforts.
- Maintain client information through relevant tools (and eventual CRM) that allows all teammates and leadership to access relevant information for effective decision making and resource allocation.
- Help maintain Wells’ brand through effective use of available materials, coordinating with marketing on appropriate uses of materials and key messages in the sales cycle.
- Act as liaison between client and Wells, handing the project off as necessary given the project structure while ensuring project needs are being met and the client’s experience is satisfactory.
- Coordinate key project information with marketing for case studies to continue to effectively drive higher level involvement.
- Coordination/introduction of key client contact(s) and marketing for client review process.
- Complete special projects as requested and performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Six years of experience as a Wells Concrete Sales Representative I and II, in successfully selling (i.e., Performance Rating of “3” or higher) precast solutions. Power BI to be used as a tool in determining the success. Similar amount and quality of experience as a non-Wells Concrete sales representative would be considered.
- Demonstrated mastery in one of the following complex building types:
- -total precast buildings
- -multi level buildings
- -parking ramps
- -food grade/dryers
- Proven history of developing, nurturing and/or expanding client relationship through effective and ongoing contact, such as client presentations.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office other computer programs.
- Must be able to actively listen and participate in meetings along with listening to customer’s needs and wants.
- Must be able to follow direction and respond effectively to customers.
- Maintain a strong relationship with current customers for future work and public advertising in that industry.
- Ability to persuade and influence others to sell the product.
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations.
- Ability to work with others to get the project completed efficiently.
- Must be motivated and self driven to complete a task.
- Knows and Understands how the customer responds to projects and bids in order to maintain strong relationships with customers.
- Knowledge on the process of precast buildings from start to finish to determine the right way to develop bids for proposals.
- Ability to organize and establish priorities to determine what job is most important to complete.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management or Construction Management preferred.
- As a substitute for the Bachelor’s Degree, 6 years of experience in Precast sales. This is in addition to the 6 years of experience noted in the above section.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.