Perform various duties on a crew to assist in stockpiling and loading panels/product in the yard and on trailers for shipment to project jobsites. Carry/lifting materials, rigging, for stockpiling panels/product and loading product to be shipped to project jobsites. 5:30am-6pm every Friday, Saturday, & Sunday
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Climbing up and down from trailers and stockpiles of material.
- Carrying materials such as blocking for stockpiling product, rigging to handle product.
- Working with load chains, tie down belts and load binders to secure product to trailers.
- Knowledge/experience working with propane burner for cleaning snow/ice from surfaces on trailers and product.
- Forklift experience (Wells Concrete will train employees without experience).
- Experience working with cranes, rigging and hand signals for cranes.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, QUALIFICATIONS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Physically able to lift, bend, stoop, climb (onto stockpiles of materials and trailer beds, various heights).
- Have adequate knowledge of the English language to be able to read load lists and handling instructions and communicate with other members of the crew.
- Be an authorized forklift operator or be capable of learning the skills of operating a forklift.
- Be experienced in working with yard cranes. Have training in crane hand signals and rigging.
- Lift, carry materials weighing up to 50 lbs. frequently.
- Climb up and down from forms and trailer decks.
- Lifting up to 75 lbs. occasionally.
- Standing, walking constantly, climbing, kneeling, crouching frequently, balancing, stooping, crawling occasionally.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Moderate to high risk of exposure to unusual elements.
- Moderate to high risk of safety precautions.
This position profile identifies the key responsibilities and expectations for performance. It cannot encompass all specific job tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Employees are required to follow any other job related instructions and perform job related duties as may be reasonably assigned by his/her supervisor. Wells Concrete is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.