Wells offers a variety of beams that are integral components for a total precast structure. Beams provide a flexible solution to the structural component for projects as they can be used for a number of applications from parking structures to the structural framework of commercial buildings. They create an ideal framework for hanging wall panels and setting double tees and hollowcore plank with beams and columns.
Beams are typically considered structural components and are made in one of three key shapes: Rectangular, Inverted Tee Beams, L Beams. Beams are horizontal components that support deck pieces like double tees, hollowcore, and solid slabs, and sometimes other beams. They can be reinforced with either prestressing strand or conventional reinforcing bars.
BEAMS FOR DOUBLE TEES
- Pocket beams provide ledge-free construction
- Consult with precast representative for depths and widths for inverted tee beams
BEAMS FOR HOLLOWCORE
- Rectangle beams in 18”, 20″, 24″, and 28” widths, depths variable for design
- Beams available for floor and roof support
- Consult with sales team member for depths and widths for inverted tee beams
ADVANTAGES OF BEAMS
- Provide unlimited flexibility in design, shape and application
- Extremely durable compared to alternative building materials. Beams and columns are produced indoors with high-strength concrete creating a quality, strong and durable product with no need for extra fireproofing as it is naturally fire resistant
- Work well with other precast components such as Wall Panels, Hollowcore and Double Tees to form a Total Precast application
- Provide a clean, finished look for the structural component of the building