Double Tees have become increasingly prominent as a solution to recent construction material shortages, especially in roof and floor structure functions. This presentation will cover how precast double tees can be used, including typical sections, available sizes, design spans and loading. We will delve into common connection details to other structural components, suggestions for layout, and attachment of mechanical, piping, electrical and HVAC items. Attendees will also hear about fire ratings, long term benefits as they pertain to durability and insurance, and a life cycle analysis.
• Typical sections / available sizes as well as design spans / loading
• Estimating camber and the effects of composite topping on design
• Common connection details for both the structure and mechanical, piping, electrical items, and HVAC
• Determining fire ratings
• Long term benefits related to durability
• Long term insurance premium saving
• Life cycle analysis